Imagine a building material designed with contractors’ and builders’ bottom line in mind. Imagine it saves time because it’s easy to install. And that it’s lighter and easier to handle, reducing waste on the job site. There’s no need to dream, because LP SmartSide ExpertFinish Trim & Siding combines all these characteristics in one sharp-looking package.
Here are eight reasons you should ask about LP SmartSide ExpertFinish Trim & Siding before your next siding job:
- Faster installation saves money, time. LP SmartSide ExpertFinish installs 22 percent faster than fiber cement lap siding. Put another way: LP SmartSide ExpertFinish enables you to re-side five homes in the time you would normally need to do just four. In addition, LP SmartSide ExpertFinish doesn’t require specialized installation tools.
- Lightweight material easier to handle. LP SmartSide ExpertFinish siding weighs 39 percent less than fiber cement, so a single siding installer can carry five boards at once. In addition, LP SmartSide is available in 16-foot lengths, which means faster installation and about one-third fewer seams for a cleaner look. LP SmartSide boards can be cut in groups of up to five pieces at once, another time-saving feature for contractors and builders.
- Pre-finished color equals faster job completion. There’s no need to paint or stain LP SmartSide ExpertFinish Trim & Siding. With primer and finish coat from the same supplier, LP SmartSide ExpertFinish provides durability, uniform color and consistent coating.
- Matches any style, color. Complementing any architectural style, LP SmartSide ExpertFinish offers the beauty of traditional wood with the durability of engineered wood products. The available pre-finished colors fit styles from bold to elegant to more neutral tones.
- Less waste on the job site. Designed to decrease breakage during handling, LP SmartSide ExpertFinish is also engineered to be resistant to impact and moisture, which helps preserve it from weather during construction.
- Designed for durability. LP SmartSide ExpertFinish Trim & Siding is made with a time-tested formula of resins, waxes and zinc borate, protecting a home from the elements. It’s available with a 15-year finish and 50-year substrate warranty.
- Joint construction saves time. LP SmartSide ExpertFinish Lap features a proprietary joint that helps contractors and builders avoid the need for seam caulking, joint molds or pan flashing.
- Sustainably produced. LP SmartSide ExpertFinish engineered wood is created from sustainably harvested wood. LP SmartSide ExpertFinish Trim & Siding stores more carbon than it releases during its life cycle, making it a carbon-negative cladding product.